Type: Prefabricated residential
Size: 640 sqft to 1,920 sqft
* SMART: the “upcycling” of shipping containers for construction is a highly sustainable practice, given the huge number of containers that lay unused all over our planet. This is sustainability starting at “point zero”, without compromising structural quality, or great design.
* BEAUTIFUL: this cutting-edge style of design exploits the structural and industrial beauty of shipping containers to create modern, well-appointed home with open spaces full of light.
* STRONG: containers are made entirely of Cor-ten steel, and their assembly creates a stronger and more durable structure than typical construction methods.
* EFFICIENT: site preparation and off-site module fabrication is timed to occur simultaneously, resulting in time and cost savings.
* EVERYWHERE: c-Home can be placed in any geographical region and can be enjoyed anywhere by anyone
Made with four 40' shipping containers (2 on ground and 2 on top) this introductory model is ideal as a permanent or vacation home. Its 40'x16' footprint provides 1,280 square feet of living space on two levels.
The house is designed to provide open, flexible space for living, working and entartaining and to connect to the outdoors seamlessly.
- On the ground floor (640sf) an open living / kitchen layout with enclosed powder room/laundry with wide glass walls on both sides. Large decks seamlessly expand this living space into the back and front yards.
- Two separate stairs lead to two spacious bedroom suites (16'x20' each), each with full bathroom and walk-in closet and large windows on both sides. The comfortable size, along with private access, makes either room ideal to serve as a home office or guest room.
c-Home 2x40 is the single floor version. Essentially it is the the ground floor of the 4x40, with a full bath in place of the powder room/laundry.
Other innovative green-building aspects - such as solar hot water heating and green roof technology - can be easily integrated as add-on options.